We have decided to dedicate our recent blog posts to help our customers sleep. For centuries Chamomile has been used to help individuals, and even babies relax. However when most people think of Chamomile, they automatically think of hot tea. And who can blame them with the yummy selection of Celestial Seasoning Honey Vanilla Chamomile Tea, Numi Tea Organic Chamomile Lemon, Pukka Organic Love Tea, Organic India Honey Chamomile Tea and this is not even all of them! But we understand that not everyone gets so excited about hot tea, but still want to try Chamomile. Here are some interesting ways it can be used:
A. Iced Chamomile Tea; Many tea’s will have directions on how to brew the tea cold. Usually all it requires is more than one tea bag and some cold water. With this option you can use honey to sweeten the tea and making it a refreshing drink.
B. Relaxing Peach Honey Chamomile Ices; What you will need:
- 2 ripe White Peaches
- 4 ripe Yellow Peaches
- 2 Alvita Chamomile Herbal Tea Bags
- ¼ cup Landau Pure Clover Honey
- ½ small Lemon Juiced
- 1 pinch Kosher Salt
What to do:
1. Wash, cut in halve and remove the pit of 1 1/3 of the White Peaches and 2 2/3 of the Yellow Peaches
2. Puree sliced Peaches (with the skin on) until mixture is almost smooth
3. Mix in 2 Tablespoons of Chamomile Tea Leaves, Honey, Lemon Juice and Salt into Peaches mixture
4. Coarsely chop the rest of the peaches and mix into the Peaches mixture.
- TIP: If you’d like you can add more honey to make the ices sweeter, and remember they lose some of the sweetness once frozen.
5. Pour into popsicle mold or in 3 oz. cups with wooden sticks
6. Allow ices to freeze fully and enjoy!
C. Cold Compress because chamomile is generally used to relax, this is a great way to relax after a stressful day and may help promote the body’s natural inflammatory response. What you will need:
- 2 Drops Aura Cacia Essential Oil Wild Chamomile
- 2 Drops Nature’s Alchemy 100% Pure Essential Oil Lavender
- 2 Cups Cold Water
- 1 Cotton Cloth
What to do:
1. In a big bowl mix together essential oils and water
2. Mix well to ensure the essential oils are completely mixed in
3. Place the cotton cloth in water and squeeze out extra water
4. Place on affected area
5. Reapply as needed
D. Hot Compress this is our personal favorite at Kosher Vitamins since it is so simple to use with Earth Therapeutics Relaxing Microwaveable Neck Pillow Lavender and Chamomile. All you have to do is microwave and feel the tension and stress leave!
We hope these past blogs have helped you fall asleep, check back next weeks for tips and information on how to stay asleep.