Do you suffer from bad breath? Recently the Council of Scientific Affairs published a report stating that 50% of Americans have suffered/suffer from bad breath. Yes, that means ½ of America! The good news is while bad breath can be a sign of a serious problem; chances are it can be rectified with some simple tricks.
1. Brush your teeth after meals: it is recommended to brush for at least 2 to 3 minutes at least twice a day. Tip- try keeping a toothbrush and kosher toothpaste with you at work.
Use a tongue scraper
: we all know if we have bad breath you brush your teeth, however your tongue is just as important since your tongue can be home to bacteria, food debris and dead cells.
3. Floss Daily: this will help remove food and plaque that gets stuck between your teeth.
4. Avoid foods with strong smells: like garlic and onions.
5. Drink Water: one of the reasons a lot of us wake up with bad breath or what we call “morning breath” is because in our sleep we produce less saliva then when we are awake causing bad breath. Drinking plenty water while avoiding coffee, soft drinks and/or alcohol can help prevent bad breath.
6. Gum or Candy: both stimulating saliva which like the water will wash away food particles and bacteria.
7. Chew fresh parsley: Or any pleasant smelling herb will temporarily improve bad breath.
can be taken as a natural mouthwash and tablets
as a natural cleanser and help with bad breath
If you have tried all these for a few weeks and do not see any improvement, talk to your doctor or your dentist since it can be a sign of lung disease, diabetes or liver failure.
If you are like 50% of Americans that suffer from bad breath and would like to try the above mentioned suggestions don’t forget to pick up one of our kosher toothpastes such as Jason’s, Toms of Maine, Adwe and/or Earth Best. As for a tongue cleaning try the #1 Selling tongue cleaner from Dr. Tung at this link: LINK.
So visit us at www.koshervitamins.com or give us a call at 800-645-1899 for all your kosher vitamins and supplement needs.